Sunday, October 29, 2006

In Da Club?

by Osman Parvez


I like the Peloton, I really do. But their latest marketing tactic is a bit of a gimmick.

They're throwing in a Vespa scooter if you buy a condo on selection day (November 18th). They're also promising membership into their exclusive "Pinnacle Club," but again only if you buy a condo on selection day.

Tell you what, forget about selection day. Buy one of their condos and use me as your agent, I'll throw in a free Vespa* too. I'll also give you membership into the Osman Club, which includes a decoder ring so you can dicipher my secret messages.

Beat that Pinnacle Club.

vespa

* Certain restrictions apply. For one thing, I need to find out what a Vespa costs but if you're serious, call me for more details.



Image: The Peloton



----
Like this analysis?    Subscribe to our client research report.     
Want to get blog updates via email?  Click HERE.       
Ready to buy or sell?  Schedule an appointment or call 303.746.6896. 
You can also like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.

As always, your referrals are deeply appreciated.  

--
The ideas and strategies described in this blog are the opinion of the writer and subject to business, economic, and competitive uncertainties.   We strongly recommend conducting rigorous due diligence and obtaining professional advice before buying or selling real estate. 

4 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOL

    Last Feb. we checked out those Blue Sky condos in Erie, yes, right next to the landfill. The guy was like "buy now, buy now, buy now. I only have one of these left, and..." blah blah blah blah blah. Guess what, they've knocked the price down by about twenty grand. Home shopping should not be a BUY NOW AND SAVE big type thing. This is one major flaw in the real estate industry in my opinion. It's not like you're finding underwear during a blue light special. It's your home, for god's sake. Isn't it worth more time than a scooter to make sure you're making the right decision? Stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stupid.

    But it's like the whole "employee pricing" thing with cars over the past couple of years. It was a success for automakers. They unloaded excess inventory like nothing before. But it was a warning sign too, at least for investors of Ford and other promoters of "employee pricing."

    If you provide a well designed product and price it well, you don't need gimmicks to sell it. Throwing in Vespas and memberships to clubs of dubious value is a sign that they're overshooting on pricing. Given that sales volume is down 29% for town homes and condos in Boulder, I think they're going to have to throw in a lot more than a scooter to entice buyers this Fall. The market could change in the Spring, but I bet it's pretty slow right now at the Peloton sales office.

    I hate gimmicky sales. Yeck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding. I am a young professional working in Boulder, and I must admit to being floored by the pricing for a loft in the Peloton. Unreal. Perhaps if I am just patient, and wait for my salary to triple, I can afford to live IN Boulder! In the heart of it all!!! Who buys these things? I see an iPod and young-ish images courting the 18-34 demo, but let's be real. I know dozens of folks in this age group, even up to 40, and they can't afford the "The Life" either - at least as they're selling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buyer has to pay for the Vespa too! I will wait to get a hybrid honda accord instead of Vespa!! Will that be after 3 months?

    ReplyDelete